Chandra Law Logo

If I have pleaded guilty or been convicted of a crime arising from interaction with police, may I sue the police officers involved for unconstitutional use of excessive force?

A guilty plea or conviction related to your interaction with the police may eliminate your ability to bring a civil-rights claim for government or police misconduct related to that incident.

 We would need to know what the plea is for to determine whether a civil-rights claim is precluded.

Related Practice Areas
Police Misconduct & Brutality

Making the right choice in legal representation can make the difference in whether you achieve a result that protects your legal rights and best interests.

Tell Us About Your Case