At The Chandra Law Firm LLC, we live by the creed, "Not just cases. Causes." There are few causes more important than protecting the civil rights guaranteed to you by the United States and Ohio constitutions, and federal and state law.
We are a boutique litigation firm located in Cleveland, Ohio, where we serve clients in state and federal courts throughout the country. Our total dedication to securing justice for our clients has led to our reputation as one of the most tenacious, creative litigation firms in the region. When your rights are at stake, we will be ready to fight for you.
Handling a Wide Variety of Civil Rights and Constitutional Claims
Led by Subodh Chandra, a former law director for the city of Cleveland and outside litigator for the cities of Los Angeles and Beverly Hills, our attorneys have handled a wide variety of cases from both the defense and plaintiffs' sides, giving you a crucial advantage. A small sampling of the civil-rights disputes that our law firm addresses includes the following:
- Employment discrimination and retaliation: We have a right to be free from employment discrimination based on race, sex, gender, national origin, disability, religion, or age. We also have the right to be free from retaliation for opposing discrimination.
- Police misconduct: Police are sworn to protect and serve; when police officers violate that trust by committing brutality, illegal searches and seizures, and other actions, you can hold them accountable.
- First Amendment and free speech: Our right to express our opinions about government is the most precious one under our Constitution. Among our noteworthy verdicts was a jury verdict of $2,000,750 in a First Amendment-retaliation case.
- Voting rights: The right to vote is the most precious one to our democracy, and the government must not trample on it.
- Government misconduct: Rooting out waste, abuse, and other fraudulent actions by government officials can help rebuild trust in our public institutions and protect taxpayers.
- Public records and open meetings: We can help you fight to ensure that the actions of public officials throughout Ohio are open and transparent.
Dedicated litigators, our lawyers have extensive experience dealing with constitutional-law issues. Finding unique approaches to cases has made us well-suited to handle many types of constitutional- or civil-rights disputes.
Contact Our Office Today to Learn More
If you think police, government workers, your employer, or anyone has violated your civil rights, call The Chandra Law Firm LLC in Cleveland at 216-578-1700 to schedule a consultation. We understand how serious a matter this is for you, and you will work directly with experienced litigators to help you pursue justice. (Please note that we do not handle cases arising from domestic-relations cases, and that judges have absolute immunity from lawsuits.)