Peter G. Pattakos
Peter G. Pattakos previously served clients at Jones Day, where he was part of successful representations of corporate clients in commercial contract and insurance coverage disputes, securities, shareholder, and derivative litigation, antitrust litigation, product liability defense, and in investigations conducted by the Securities & Exchange Commission and the U.S. Department of Justice.
Pattakos has also represented a diverse group of clients, including a local media personality who was assaulted by an NFL player, an attorney in an employment dispute against a prominent Cleveland law firm, a physician who was frozen out of a business he helped to build just as the business became profitable, a private citizen who was falsely depicted on a local television program as a "wanted fugitive," a member of the village council of Woodmere, Ohio in a civil-rights dispute, a county official in a First Amendment-retaliation suit, a nanny who refused to participate in a child sex-abuse cover-up, and various representations of entrepreneurs and business owners.
- Ohio, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2007
- Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2007
- New York University
- B.S. - 2000
- "The Curse of Chief Wahoo," Cleveland Scene Magazine, Volume 42, Issue 43, April 25, 2012
- "Cuyahoga County's New Commercial Docket," with Jeanne M. Rickert and John Q. Lewis, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, Vol. 1, No. 10, September, 2009
- Yane v. Wiland, Case No. 2010-CV-754, Portage County, Ohio Court of Common Pleas (2010) (jury verdict for plaintiff of $289,000 on breach of contract claims for $289,000)
- Leizman M.D. v. London M.D., et al., Case No. CV-11-761388, Cuyahoga County, Ohio Court of Common Pleas (2010) (confidential settlement in action for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and tortious interference with contract relating to the development and ownership of start-up health care business)
- Vazquez v. Fremon Building Company, Case No. CV-10-728285, Cuyahoga County, Ohio Court of Common Pleas (2010) (confidential settlement in action for declaratory judgment regarding ownership of closely held Ohio corporation)
- Cruz, et al. v. English Nanny & Governess School, et al., Case No. 2011-CV-768767, Cuyahoga County, Ohio Court of Common Pleas (jury verdict for plaintiffs of $392,750 plus attorney’s fees, including $222,750 in punitive damages on claims for intentional infliction of emotional distress and wrongful discharge in violation of public policy).
- Sullins v. Raycom Media Inc., et al., Case No. 99235, Eighth Appellate District, Cuyahoga County, 2013-Ohio-4697 (summary judgment reversed on plaintiff’s defamation claim)